The Hotel d’Angleterre is the work of the celebrated architect Anthony Krafft, and is acknowledged as one of the heritage sites of the city of Geneva. Dating from 1872, it was conceived as a historical luxury hotel offering 30 spacious rooms, most of which had a spectacular view of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc. In 1910 the hotel was extended by the addition of another wing, with the main entrance moved to the Rue de Monthoux.
In 1995 the Hotel d’Angleterre closed its doors for twelve months for the most ambitious renovation of its long history, in which only the listed facade, the internal staircase and the floors were preserved. This ambitious project gave birth to a new interior that combined a more contemporary charm, elegance, and convenience with all the hotel’s traditional refinement, mystery and magic.
Hotel d’Angleterre joined the privately owned and family run Red Carnation Hotel Collection in October 2001 and has continued to offer superb five star accommodation. More recently, an extensive process of renovation was undertaken, with new furnishings and the latest in-room technology including wireless broadband internet access.